The flower garden is one of my favorite places. I never get tired of watching the summertime visitors enjoy the zinnias and daisies. The bees, finches, hummingbirds, butterflies… and the monarch butterflies’ arrival might be the one I look forward to the most! This design is inspired by these beauties and their annual visit to the studio garden.
Inspired by my colorful, whimsical clay designs, these select throw pillows are silkscreened and sewn in our studio. The pillow tops are printed on 100% unbleached cotton canvas. This is one of my most colorful designs. We use four screens, one for each color, to capture the vibrance of the garden. Each screen must line up perfectly so that the colors don’t overlap. It is definitely a process, but so worth it!
We print with non-toxic, water based inks that are much healthier for the environment than traditional inks. The water base inks also gives the design a softer hand than traditional plastic based inks. Each envelope pillow cover is sewn by hand in studio. The design is signed with Susan’s signature flower stamp and each pillow cover has a Susan Stone label sewn onto the fabric.
Throw Pillows are MADE TO ORDER and may take 2-3 weeks.
- 10 oz. unbleached cotton canvas
- 18” X 18” envelope pillow cover, 20” x 20” pillow insert included
- Handprinted design inspired by Susan’s original pottery designs
- Silkscreened and sewn in Susan Stone’s studio
- Non-toxic, water based inks, better for the environment and softer on your pillow!
- Each pillow cover is finished with Susan’s signature flower stamp and labeled
Hand wash in cool water, dry flat, press
Designs will soften with washings and some fading may occur over time.